**Non-Knurled Ball Joints coming 2020**
Replace your Jeep's factory ball joints with Synergy MFG's NEW Dana 30/44 Heavy Duty Ball Joint Set. These ball joints employ a metal on metal design to improve durability and performance. A must for vehicles with lifts and larger tires. Get rid of that steering wander and play caused by loose or worn out ball joints.
Synergy MFG's New And Improved ball joints are the result of actions that have been taken to address reports of premature wear on the previous iteration Product changes and manufacturing changes have both been made to guarantee you are getting the highest quality ball joints on the market.
- New and Improved Ball Joints - Part #'s 8009-1204 and 4120-04
- Compatible with all aftermarket axle shafts (including RCV) with no modifications needed
- Fully Greasable metal on metal design for prolonged life
- Ball Joint bearing surface area is considerably larger than stock due to elimination of the inner nylon liner for a longer lasting joint
- Ball joint housing is manufactured from sintered graphite, bronze, and 1045 steel for a strong, smooth, bearing surface
- Ball joint stud is manufactured from induction heat treated 4140 steel for maximum strength and smooth operation
- Ball joint dust boot is made from wear/tear resistant black nitro-butile rubber (NBR)
- 12 Month Unlimited-Warranty (see warranty information)
- Synergy High Performance Grease (4119) recommended
- Metal on metal ball joints require a small break-in period of typically 100-500 miles to fully "seat" the bearing surfaces. During this time the steering may feel "sticky" or slow to "return to center". Once broken in, the steering will be smooth and tight.
- Knurled ball joints required when replacing knurled ball joints that have enlarged the axle end forging bores
- Non-Knurled ball joints recommended for replacing non-knurled ball joints
- 8009-1201 ball joints have been superseded by 8009-1204.
- 4120-01 ball joints have been superseded by 4120-04.
*If you have older Synergy MFG 8009-1201 or 4120-01 ball joints that did not live up to your expectations, Synergy MFG has extended the warranty period for ball joints manufactured in 2016 and 2017 that experienced premature wear. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
|Part #||Year||Make||Model||Knurled||Ball Joint Set|
|4120-04||1990-1992||Jeep||Comanche||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4120-04||1990-2001||Jeep||Cherokee||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4120-04||1990-2006||Jeep||Wrangler||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4120-04||1993-1998||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4120||1993-1998||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||Yes||(2) 4120-04|
|8009-1204||1999-2004||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|8009-12||1999-2004||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||Yes||(2) 8009-1204|
|8009-12||2007-2018||Jeep||JK Wrangler||Yes||(2) 8009-1204|
|8009-1204||2007-2018||Jeep||JK Wrangler||Yes||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|8012-60||1999-2004||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|8012-6004||1999-2004||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|8012-60||2007-2018||Jeep||JK Wrangler||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|8012-6004||2007-2018||Jeep||JK Wrangler||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4140-60||1990-1992||Jeep||Comanche||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|4140-6004||1990-1992||Jeep||Comanche||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4140-60||1990-2001||Jeep||Cherokee||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|4140-6004||1990-2001||Jeep||Cherokee||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4140-60||1990-2006||Jeep||Wrangler||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|4140-6004||1990-2006||Jeep||Wrangler||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
|4140-60||1993-1998||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||No||(2) Upper / (2) Lower|
|4140-6004||1993-1998||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||No||(1) Upper / (1) Lower|
(Lower Ball Joint Cutaway Sample)
(Upper Ball Joint Cutaway Sample)
Synergy HD Ball Joints (above) vs. Mopar Factory Ball Joints (below)
Synergy HD Ball Joints feature a fully greasable sintered metal on bushing design that has high wear resistance. Outperforms the Mopar factory plastic bushing.
Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov